Saturday, March 15, 2008

Media Magnate

Brian's Garage Workshop is stepping outside the garage (literally) to give you our first streaming video. Well, its really just a cool time lapse of me building a swingset for my kids, but I DO use wood, so it counts.

Since this is my first time doing this, I'm going to try a few different services to see which is the best.

Here we go...



...and heres the blogger player...

[removed. its crappy]

And i suppose we'll try Blip TV as well...



and hires..



another attempt at hires...



For those that are curious, this was shot with a Nikon D200 SLR and 18mm lens. one exposure was taken every 12 seconds and the pictures were simply strung together at 15 frames per second making 1 second of video time = 3 minutes of realtime. It compressed ~6 hours of working time into 2 minutes. I think i might try this technique in the shop when i am going to be out there a full day working on a project.

6 comments:

David said...

Hi Brian,

At least on my computer, it seems like Blip TV, streams higher quality video, and sound. That was a pretty cool video. Now I have to see if my camera will do that.

Amber Benton said...

What musician/album is the song from?

Adam Aronson said...

Sounds like Cat Stevens. I'm not sure of the song. If that is the case and given the subject matter "Where Do The Children Play?" might have been another suitable choice, no? ;v)

Brian said...

thanks for the feedback--the music is "The Wind" by Cat Stevens (or whatever he is calling himself now). It is on a couple of his albums from back in the day. I found it on iTunes on the soundtrack from the movie Rushmore.

Anonymous said...

Brian, where have you been , no new content from you in over 2 1/2 months. We miss you, you have a quality site.

David ( runningwood)

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian,

Are you still out there? I found your blog today via references in a comment on The Wood Whisperer. Enjoyed the detailed descriptions of the picture frame and the hour glass table.

Are you coming back???

Jim